When you visit our site, a cookie (text file) is placed on your machine, to provide you with a personalized experience and to assist in the collection of site statistics. Cookies cannot access, read or modify any other data on your computer or other device. If you would like to receive more information on this, please contact us through info@uniQure.com.
Information we collect
You generally are not required to provide information about yourself when you visit or use our Website or use the services we offer by means of this Website (“the Services”). However, we may ask you for some or all of the following types of information when you register with our Services on our Website or directly contact us with questions or feedback:
- Contact information, such as name, e‑mail address, postal address, and telephone number;
- User name and password;
- Demographic information, such as age information and gender;
- Communications preferences;
- Search queries;
- Health-related information;
- Correspondence and other information that you send to us; and
- Additional information as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Use of Information
We may use information that we collect through the services for a variety of purposes, including to:
- Provide you with the products, promotions, services, and information you request;
- Contact you via email and otherwise about products, services, and events that we think might be of interest to you;
- Maintain or administer the Services, perform business analyses, or for other internal purposes to improve the quality of our business, the Services, and other products and services we offer;
- Publish stories, comments, photos, and other information posted in our interactive online features;
- Process employment applications and inquiries;
- Customize and personalize your use of the Services;
- and as otherwise described to you at the point of collection or pursuant to your consent.
Please note that we may transfer your personal data to countries outside the European Economic Area, but only to the extent that this is in conformity with the legal requirements related to data transfers.
We will not sell your personal information to any third parties. uniQure does also not share information that it collects with third parties for the third party’s direct marketing purposes.
You may receive emails from us. You can unsubscribe by clicking on the links available in our emails. On our Website, you can choose to use a “Share” service to send content from the Website to someone else. In such case we may ask you for information such as their email address as well as your name and email address. The information you provide will be used to send a single message by us on your behalf. This information will not be collected or stored for any additional purpose.
Allow, block or delete cookies
- Internet Explorer
Tools > Internet Options > Privacy > Configuration
For more information, please consult Microsoft support or browser help
Tools > Options > Privacy > History > Custom Settings
For more information, please consult support Mozilla browser or Help
Settings > Show Advanced Options > Privacy > Content Settings
For more information, please consult Google support or browser help
Preferences > Privacy
For more information, please consult Apple support or browser help
We maintain reasonable security procedures to protect the information you provide to us against loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction. Please note that no data transmission or storage can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your information and privacy, we cannot guarantee or warrant the security of any information you disclose or transmit to us online and cannot be responsible for the theft, destruction, or inadvertent disclosure of your information.
You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your account password and for any access to or use of the Services using your password, whether or not authorized by you. Please notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your password or account or any other breach of security.
Social Media Features (Widgets)
External web services
Modifications to this Privacy Statement
If you have any questions about this Privacy Statement, you may contact us at: